Saturday 5 February 2011

The Importance of Being Happy

I was conversing with a lady in the shopping center the other day. she was lamenting the fact that I was blind. "It must be so hard," she kept repeating throughout the conversation. "I don't know how you do it, I really don't. It must be so hard."
While the lady was well-meaning, I don't think she realizes that showing pity to others can sometimes be annoying. While my life is challenging at times, it's a matter of getting on with things and making the best of it. I prefer to look on the positive side of life and try to be happy within myself. I am lucky in many ways. I want to appreciate and celebrate the blessings, rather than dwell on the negative aspects.

I try to convey this notion to the lady, butI am not sure whether she understood. I think that maybe some people may not believe they can cope in a certain situation until it happens to them. I believe when it comes to the crunch, most people would try to get on with their life, rather than giving up and saying that it is all too hard.

I want to try my best to make the most of life and be as happy as I can be - no matter what happens!

Cheers!
Bird's Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment