Wednesday 20 October 2010

Hi There!

Hi there!
Wow! Am finally starting this blog! Have been procrastinating for ages now, but decided that this afternoon I would break the ice! I am sitting in Gloria Jeans, drinking coffee and listening to the buzz of conversation around me. My seeing-eye dog is sprawled at my feet, snoring away!

Firstly, I will give a brief introduction of myself. I am a blind, 25 year old woman. I lost my sight at the age of six. I come from a large, loving and supportive family.
As a blind person, I have found it very important to have social contact with other people. It can be difficult sometimes, and often requires us to venture outside our comfort zone. Making that step, however, usually proves to be rewarding.

 A person once told me that simple kindness to a stranger may save a person from committing suicide. This statement made me realize that, though individually gifted, we can all make a difference in the world. I created this blog to enable blind or visually impaired people to share the way they see the world. You never know how your words may change someone’s life!

Ok, on a lighter note, I would like to share with you some funny and embarrassing stories! My life is full of them! On  e day, someone was conversing on their mobile phone. I began responding to their questions, before realizing that I was talking to myself! On another occasion, I poured pepper in to my latte instead of sugar. I nearly choked on my coffee! Recently, I was sitting in the cinema and my dog was snoring under my seat. At a quiet moment in the movie, people were giggling and a girl asked, “Where’s that snoring coming from?”
Oh the joys of being blind!

Do you have any funny or embarrassing stories? If so, please share! It’s important to have a good laugh in life. In fact, laughing is medicinal. If you are interested in the health effects of laughing, read my next post!
Am looking forward to hearing your funny and embarrassing stories!
Cheers!
Bird’s Eye 

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I think we all have embarrassing moments like that.. whether we are visually impaired or not!
    Looking forward to reading the rest of your posts bird's eye!

    ReplyDelete