Wednesday 27 October 2010

Hey!!

I’m excited! The weather is warming up and summer is around the corner! The Christmas season is approaching, which means more opportunities for parties! Do you like this time of the year?
 I certainly do. I love being able to wear short sleeves and skirts or dresses. I also enjoy having barbecues and staying outdoors till late at night without feeling too cold. And oh, the feel of the sun melting warmly into my skin as I stretch out on the sand, is blissful! These days however, I am quite diligent in applying sun protection, as I do not want to increase the risk of skin cancer or age my skin prematurely. Yes, even though I don’t like the greasy texture of sunscreen, I do realize it’s important to slip, slop, slap!

One thing I notice around this time of the year, however, is that many people are keener to get in to shape. No more hiding our flab under big jumpers and jackets! I feel a bit more subconscious when wearing certain types of clothing, particularly when I’m having a “fat day”!

As we all know, exercise is a great way of dealing with the flab issue. Going for long walks is one of my favourite activities, especially now that I have a seeing-eye dog. I once searched the internet for bush-walking clubs for blind and vision impaired young adults. Unfortunately, I did not find any.
Does anyone know of any bush-walking clubs for blind and vision impaired people?

If anyone is interested in the benefits of walking, read my next blog!
Hope you are all going well!
Cheers!
Bird’s Eye         

No comments:

Post a Comment