Tuesday 1 May 2012

The Writing Dream

My dream of becoming a writer, began when I was six years old. Inspired by Enid Blyton's books, I would use a heavy, clunky brailler to create short stories. In later years, I conducted my writing on a computer, assisted by screen-reading technology. During school, writing helped to distract me from negative thinking. As I sat alone in the playground, my imagination would run wild! I was very shy and found it much easier to express myself through writing. Gradually, I attempted to write a novel. For a while, however, I lacked the confidence, the discaplin, the drive to succeed. At the first couple of hurdles, I would falter and eventually abandon the story. Finally, I completed my first novel. I then sent it away for a manuscript assessment. I'm now almost finished the final copy. I believe that writing involves passion, perseverance, skill and imagination. Most of all, however, we need to dream. Without that, it's very hard for us to be motivated. I'm going to try my best to make my dream of becoming a published author, into a reality! In my next post, I'll discuss some of the challenges I've faced throughout my writing journey, and how I dealt with them. Until next time! Bird's Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment